Sparkling Hill Resort is the renowned world class spa and wellness resort that you’ve likely never heard of. Nestled a short 30 minute drive from the Kelowna International Airport or 15 minutes from Vernon, British Columbia, this health and wellness centre is the perfect place to hit the reset button. If you are into a wine tour, then this place is great and it is surrounded by wineries near Sparkling Hill Resort.
When you check into this award winning resort and hotel, the opportunities are endless. Onsite you can focus on wellness and spa experiences, while those looking for more adventure can step off premise and find an abundance of outdoor activities. The first thing that can’t be overlooked when stepping off the resort is it’s location. Situated in the Okanagan Valley or wine country of British Columbia, there are seven Lake Country wineries within a 25 minute drive from Sparkling Hill. Let’s take a look at each of them and why a wine tour should be in your future when looking for a wineries near Sparkling Hill Resort
- 50th Parallel Estate Winery, the first of seven wineries is only a 15 minute drive down beautiful Commonage Rd. This backcountry drive provides stunning lake and valley views of the Okanagan all the way to this 61 acre winery. Once arriving you can take in a wine tasting at their state-of-the-art facility, or do a scenic sip on the patio at the Block One Restaurant.
- O’Rourke’s Peak Cellars is next on the list. This is the newest winery in Lake Country, but that shouldn’t hold you back from a stop. They offer the only Okanagan’s only lakeside wine tasting experience, and a garden bistro with beautiful vineyard views.
- Intrigue Wines is conveniently located directly across the road from O’Rourke’s. They offer a more intimate tasting room experience, and stand beside a philosophy of using cold fermentation and minimal handling to retain as much fruit characters as possible in their wines.
- Blind Tiger Vineyards is a small family fun organic winery. It offers the only tasting experience with a view of wood lake, and pride themselves on producing wines with as little chemical intervention as possible. Stop by for a scenic sip of wine, and stay for the authentic wood fire pizzas.
- Arrowleaf Cellars is just around the corner from Blind Tiger in lake country. Their name brings attention to the Indigenous wildflower that became Kelowna’s official flower in 2001, the Arrowleaf Balsam root. Currently 60% of the wine they produce is white, with specialization in clean, crisp, aromatic profiles.
- Ex Nihilo Vineyards sits nearly directly across the road and up hill of Arrowleaf. It is a 8000 sq ft Mediterranean style winery and tasting room with a specific design to showcase local artists. Each of their wines is crafted with old world traditions while combining new innovative practices. Their name Ex Nihilo is latin and translates to “out of nothing”.
- Gray Monk Estate Winery is found just a little ways down the road from Arrowleaf and Ex Nihilo. It is one of the most prestigious wineries in BC with a proud history of producing quality wines going back to the 1970’s. They produce one of the largest wine portfolios in all of BC, while offering a tremendous panoramic views of lake Okanagan in both their tasting room and the Grapevine Restaurant. A must stop for any lake country wine tour and wineries near Sparkling Hill Resort is a must-have.
What is there to do at Sparkling Hill Resort?
If you decide to never leave the resort during your visit at Sparkling Hill we don’t blame you. The amount of wellness activities available to induce the relaxed and restorative state you came here for are endless. Almost all of the activities begin at the KurSpa. This is the wellness oasis at the hotel, and derives its’ name from a blend of the German word for “healing”, and Latin word for “water”. After arriving here you will quickly understand why the philosophy of this Vernon resort is healing by water.
Upon checking in at Sparkling Hill you’ll notice this property is unlike anywhere else in the world. Perched upon the mountainside, there are unimpeded views that overlook both Okanagan lake, and the predator ridge region of Vernon, BC. From wellness retreat to adventure, this getaway has it all. In the summer time you can stroll down the mountainside to the Predator Ridge Golf courses and play either of their two 18 hole championship courses. While in the winter there is the option to go heli skiing in the nearby Monashee Mountains from the same location.
Each hotel room offers either lake or valley views. Any room you pick has sweeping floor to ceiling windows, perfect for providing a breathtaking sunrise or unforgettable sunset. For those that can’t leave pets at home, there are pet friendly rooms. But perhaps the best thing about Sparkling Hill is their age restriction of 16 or older, ensuring it is adult wellness orientated throughout your stay.
Complimentary spa amenities begin at the seven unique steam and sauna rooms. The best part about these spa treatments is that they are exclusively for use by resort guests of the hotel only. To start your spa adventure, enter the “Aqua Meditation room” where you are encouraged to enter a mindful state of relaxation. The orange essence scent and rhythmic sound of water dripping on Swarovski crystal is intended to assist in finding this inner peace.
From here you can move along to either the rose, salt, or crystal steam room. The rose steam offers a sweet fragrance of rose pedals, encouraging you to enter a romantic atmosphere. The salt steam is encouraged to enhance concentration, slow aging, and smooth wrinkles through brine-infused water droplets from this serene salt cavern. While the crystal steam will energize and uplift spirits. This room is surrounded by Swarovski crystal and is intended to promote immune, respiratory and digestive benefits.
After experiencing each of the steam rooms you will be invited to enter one of the three sauna rooms. The herbal sauna offers a pine scent and wood-like oasis. Followed by the panoramic sauna giving sprawling views of both the forest and lake below. If neither of these align with your desires, try the Finnish classic sauna. It is the true European experience spa tradition and offers art inside inspired by Michelangelo. Lastly, close out any sauna or steam room experience with the igloo room. It is a peppermint scented cold room intended to help cool off and allow for a full body reset.
After testing out the sauna and steam rooms at this world class resort minutes only minutes outside of Vernon, it is time to explore the water activities. Immediately you will find pools surrounded by more Swarovski crystal architecture. Allowing you to understand why locals sometime refer to this resort as “sparkle hill resort”. The first pool you come across is the indoor serenity pool. It has soft underwater music and of course, more Swarovski crystal glittering above as you indulge in a swim. The second, and possibly most impressive feature of this Vernon based hotel is the outdoor infinity pool. It provides full panoramic views of the Okanagan Valley, and is heated for year round enjoyment.
Most guests at this point would agree Sparkling Hills resort offers a wellness travel experience like few other places in North America, but the KurSpa treatment services don’t end here. They offer health consultation, acupuncture, nutritional counselling, injection treatments or an anti-aging program to name a few. In addition, they have a whole team of wellness professionals including a Naturopathic Physician, Kinesiologist and Wellness Lead Physician. Sparkling Hill resort has got just about everything anyone could ever need to create the most relaxing whole body wellness experience.
To finish off your Sparkling Hill stay, put on your resort provided wardrobe and slippers and head down for a complimentary breakfast buffet at the PeakFine restaurant. If you’d rather have a more romantic morning consider in room catering services. Either way, before leaving this award winning resort in the morning, make sure you take in the KurSpa at least one more time.
From top to bottom there are hundreds of reasons how Sparkling Hill offers a healing retreat like few other places in the world. It should surely be placed a-top the list of must visit wellness getaway locations in your lifetime.
Who owns Sparkling Hill Resort?
Sparkling Hill is owned by Gernot Langes-Swarovski. The Austrian crystal baron is a world leader in cutting crystals for jewelry, decor and figurines. With this resort being appraised at approximately $122 million dollars.
For more information regarding the resort contact them directly @
888 Sparkling Hill Place, Vernon, BC V1H 2K7, CANADA
When did Sparkling Hill Resort Open?
Sparkling Hill first opened its doors in 2010 with a lavish party to a select number of guests that most of the wineries near Sparkling Hill Resort is also available and a must try.
*Featured Image: Sparkling Hill Resort in Vernon, B.C. photo: Sparkling Hill Resort’s Facebook